Symptoms: You are running Internet Explorer 10 (for example on Windows 7) and cannot log in at www.toastmasters.org. Even when you don’t log in, that website often hangs. (It’ll say “loading” forever, and not even display an error message.)
Workaround: Adjust Internet Explorer’s compatibility settings as follows.
- Confirm you are using Internet Explorer 10.0. On the far right corner there should be a gear icon. Click the icon, scroll down, and click on About Internet Explorer. A dialog is displayed that tells you the browser version.
- Enter the website address in the browser URL bar: www.toastmasters.org
- Select View > Toolbars and make sure that Command Bar is selected.
- On the Command Bar (usually bellow the URL bar), select Tools > Compatibility View Settings.
- A dialog is displayed in which you see toastmasters.org under Add the website. Go ahead and click Add and it now should be in Websites you’ve added to Compatibility View.
- Click Close.
- Close your browser completely and re-open it.
You should now be able to navigate in the toastmasters.org website and log in normally.